Landscaping your garden is a combination of nature, culture and design. And when properly done the results are stunning. Consider the following landscape features for your garden:
- Water: A mini waterfall or pond can be the centerpiece of your garden or lawn.
- Walls: Flowering vines and other decorative creepers add character to your garden when you provide a sturdy wall where they can grow and climb.
- Paths: It is important to put paths in gardens to prevent people from stepping on the plants or grass. Stone pathways that run in the middle of the garden are not only functional, but add a beautiful design pattern as well.
- Lounge space: Your well-kept garden or lawn can be enjoyed to the fullest when you provide some lounge space. The type of benches or garden chairs you select also impact the overall look of your garden.
Landscape contractors use various types of flowers for the colors, smell and aesthetic value that they bring to the garden. Important factors to note when designing your garden are:
- Seasonal – If you need flowers that are available all year long, an Asiatic lily and other perennials are ideal. Flowers can also be chosen according to the season.
- Appearance – Some flowers have huge petals while others are really tiny. The overall theme and design of the garden will determine the type of flowers chosen.
A good garden landscape is completed with the right type of borders such as:
- Hedges – They come in different heights so select hedges that meet your requirements. Evergreens are excellent as hedges.
- Walls – The most important thing about a garden wall is its durability. Brick and concrete are ideal.
Garden landscapes are amazing when properly maintained. With smaller gardens, you can do most things on your own. For sizeable gardens, call a professional landscaper with the right skills and tools.